Posts Tagged ‘Witcher’
***THIS IS A SPOILER FOR “A SACKFUL OF FLUFF” QUESTLINE***
This is a silly (and rather awkward) ending for one of the free DLCs from the Witcher 2. In addition to the :O factor, you receive a fun trophy for completing this quest. Oh, and CD Projekt has yet to fix the “pants” issue, even though they claim they have.
The voice acting is in Polish, with English subtitles. I found the German actors good but a little flat, while the English voices were just unacceptable.
As with most of the games I play, I started The Witcher long after it came out. It ended up being more of a blessing than usual as there were some terrible bugs. With the exception of some occasional crashes, the major crash bugs, five minute loading screens, annoying DRM and censorship for the American release were more or less remedied by the time I started.
What I liked:
- The world is very dark, very mature. Kidnapping, rape, incest and murder are not uncommon.
- The combo system of timed clicks works well. It allows the the player to pull off some very complicated moves without the need of learning difficult button combos found in other games.
- One of my favorite parts was the dual sword system along with the strong, fast and group fighting styles. It took some time to get the hang of switching weapon and fighting styles in the middle of battle but very rewarding after I did so.
- Spells were setup to be a nice addition to sword play, instead of replacing it. I also enjoyed the ability to charge my spells which added strategy to some fights.
- Decisions affect the game long after there are made, stopping the player from just reloading a save to see both outcomes.