Spider Queen warrior solo
After watching a couple of Spider Queen solo videos, I attempted a few runs, died a bazillion times, and finally got it going. Here are some of the things that I’ve learned:
- Killing mobs as fast as possible is important – it’s kill them before they kill you.
- Switching to Berserker’s gear and using consumables that increase power and/or precision increases kill speed.
- Dungeons are oddly laggy. Time skill-usage accordingly.
- Traps affect a larger area than their visual appearance.
- Flame traps can be run through as soon as you see their first fire animation.
- Killing the two low-level Spider Hatchlings in the raised area behind the trident angel statue will spawn the Queen.
- Ranged weapons were my best options against the Queen. I just could not stop it from casting wells as seen in another video.
- It seems like a one in five chance to get a “rare” (and worthless) drop from the Queen instead of the Bag.
- To reset the dungeon, switch to a different character who is parked in the Mists and back.
This was recorded on July 30, 2013 (build 21,480), after the warrior trait nerf. I didn’t see any significant run time difference; the damage output decrease was slightly balanced with the forced trait changes.
The actual fight with the Spider Queen starts at 6:40.